Exquisite magazine’ ELOY Conference and ELOY Awards will be held on the 15th and 24th of November respectively in, Lagos. Exquisite magazine has been consistently organising the ELOYs since 2009, to celebrate and recognize women of excellence in different fields to inspire and motivate others.
This year, we are organizing the ELOY Conference under the ELOY Awards Foundation to empower women in Micro/Small businesses and women in the rural areas.
The ELOY Awards Foundation fosters economic growth through partnerships for access to grants and affordable finance, entrepreneurial training, mentoring and networking.
The ELOY Awards Foundation is about empowering and challenging women to be more and do more by providing resources and tools for them to be able to grow their businesses, which will in turn benefit their families and the community at large.
To sustain empowerment.
The spotlight is beaming on women. It is evident in Nigeria and around the world as policy makers and business support organizations are waking up to the idea that women are good for the economic prosperity of the nation. Women are the power house of a nation.
THEME: Build for better
The ELOY conference is being used as a platform to educate and empower thousands of women to reduce rate of emigration. The conference will have;
Three panel sessions
Six Master classes
Sponsor and Partner Exhibition
Business idea pitch sessions for the ELOY Foundation Grant and access to affordable loans.
- Creative Industry (Fashion, Beauty, Photography, Entertainment, etc)
- Soft Skills acquisition
The campaign for the prestigious ELOY awards starts on the 1st of July 2019.
About the ELOY Awards to be held on the 24th of November 2019
The aim of the ELOY awards is to recognize Nigerian outstanding women and their achievements and roles in the society. To increase the economic visibility of women in Nigeria, to create a platform for networking hence enhance communication links to encourage women into businesses and to support the work being done by Nigerian women to improve themselves and Nigeria. This event is also being used as a platform to continue to increase the awareness for cervical cancer which kills one woman every hour in Nigeria.
The aim of this event is to;
- Recognize Nigerian outstanding women and their achievements and roles in the society.
- Increase the economic visibility of women in Nigeria,
- Create a platform for networking hence enhance communication links to encourage women into businesses and
- Support the work being done by Nigerian women to improve themselves and Nigeria as a whole.
- This event is also used as a platform to continue to increase the awareness for cervical cancer in women.
Impact of the ELOY Awards so far;
- The ELOYs have been awarded to 205 women to date, who have gone on to be better at what they do.
- It has increased motivation in all women as everyone wants to be nominated for an ELOY at one point during their career or business.
- Improved self development in awardees and nominees, that have gone on to make a huge impact to their sector.
- A platform that has helped identify excellence in the creative and business sectors that have gone on to become house hold names (Eno Essien, Sisi Yemmie, Tiwa Savage, Seyi Shay, Olamide, Korede Bello, Yemi Alade to mention a few)
- ELOY recognizes categories and identifies industries where people think women are not active or striving in.
The ELOYs has become a permanent fixture on people’s calendars, as everyone in Nigeria looks forward to these prestigious awards every year with great expectations and trust.